Thursday, February 21, 2013 8 PM
Stern Hall, Temple Sinai, 2823 Webster Street, Oakland
To understand the crime problem in Oakland it is important to know what agencies are involved, what their roles are, how they interact, and if they are effective working together. The MGO Democratic Club is proud to announce a panel presentation featuring:
- Chief of Police Howard Jordan,
- Chief Probation Officer LaDonna Harris,
- District Attorney Nancy O’Malley,
- Juvenile Court Presiding Judge Rhonda Burgess, and
- Alameda County Public Defender’s Office.
This is the second in a monthly series on Perspectives on Crime in Oakland presented by the Metropolitan–Greater Oakland Democratic Club. Future programs include:
- Can New York City’s Crime-Fighting Techniques Work in Oakland?
- Oakland Police Department and the Compliance Directorship: What Will the Compliance Director Do to OPD?
- Operation Ceasefire: What Will It Take to Make It Work?
- Measure Y: Should It Be Renewed?
- Realignment: How Is the State Prison Exodus to County Jail Affecting Oakland?
Attendance at an MGO Democratic club meeting is free and members of the public are welcome.
- NEW!! Read the February 2013 edition of The Platform, the club newsletter here.