MGO is pleased to congratulate the following candidates and ballot measures on earning our endorsement on Saturday, April 21st. MGO would also like to thank all the candidates who took time out of their weekends to speak with us on both April 7th and April 21st.
If a particular race is not decided in the June election and MGO’s endorsed candidate advances to the November election, MGO’s endorsement will carry over to the November election.
- U.S. Senate – no endorsement
- California Governor – no endorsement
- California Lieutenant Governor – Jeff Bleich
- California Attorney General – no endorsement
- California Secretary of State – Alex Padilla
- California State Treasurer – Fiona Ma
- California State Controller – Betty Yee
- California State Superintendent of Public Instruction – Tony Thurmond
- California State Insurance Commissioner – no endorsement
Regional and Local Offices
- California State Board of Equalization, District 2 – Malia Cohen
- U.S. Congress, District 13 – Barbara Lee
- California State Assembly, District 15 – Dan Kalb
- California State Assembly, District 18 – Rob Bonta
- Alameda County Superior Court Judge, Seat 11 – Tara Flanagan
- Alameda County District Attorney – Nancy O’Malley
- Alameda County Assessor – no endorsement
- Alameda County Auditor-Controller/Assessor-Recorder – Irella Blackwood
- Alameda County Superintendent of Schools – Karen Monroe
- Alameda County Treasurer/Tax Collector – Hank Levy
- Alameda County Board of Supervisors, District 3 – Wilma Chan
- Alameda County Board of Education, Trustee Area 1 – Joaquin Rivera
- Alameda County Measure A – YES
- Oakland Measure D – YES
- Regional Measure 3 – YES
- California Proposition 68 – YES
- California Proposition 69 – YES
- California Proposition 70 – NO
- California Proposition 71 – YES
- California Proposition 72 – YES
MGO NEEDS YOUR HELP
A tremendous amount of work – at least a month’s worth – goes into organizing an endorsement meeting. Much consideration and effort also goes into organizing MGO’s regular monthly meetings.
If you are interested in serving on the MGO Executive Board and helping MGO organize and run its events, please message us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, if you have not renewed your MGO membership, please do so at this link. The Executive Board would also appreciate your referrals of MGO to your friends and acquaintances so that we can continue to attract diverse members, ideas, and viewpoints that are truly reflective of all of Oakland.