When the rest of the country was turning red, we bucked the national trend and kept California a beautiful shade of blue.
After winning 9 of 9 statewide races, it’s only fitting that we celebrate our victories and hold our next state convention right here in Sacramento.
Friday – Sunday, April 29 – May 1, 2011
Sacramento Convention Center
This is where you will be able to find all the information you will need in order to register, take care of travel arrangements and get a glimpse of
what to expect at this year’s convention.
For full info, go to: http://www.cademconvention.com/
- What these districts are and how they function;
- What benefits do they provide for cities like Oakland?
- What are the disadvantages of these districts?
- What choices do we have in CA to save money but still provide benefits to cities?
From Joe Trapp, Club President:
First, I want to thank all of those who attended and voted, and all of the candidates who came to speak.
Five members of our Executive Board met tonight and counted all of the ballots, following our ranked choice voting procedures.
By the Club’s Bylaws, we do not release the actual vote tallies.
Here are the results for September 30th, 2010:
- Oakland Mayor – No candidate received 60% of the votes, therefore no candidate receives the Club endorsement.
- Oakland City Auditor – The Club endorses Courtney Ruby.
- Oakland City Council, District 4 – No candidate received 60% of the votes, therefore no candidate receives the Club endorsement.
- Oakland Unified School District District 4 – The Club endorses Gary Yee.
- Peralta Community College District Trustee District 3 – No candidate received 60% of the votes, therefore no candidate receives the Club endorsement.
- Peralta Community College District Trustee District 5 – The Club endorses Willam Riley.
Due to a conflict with the League of Women Voters of Oakland Mayoral Candidates Forum on September 23, 2010, we must reschedule our 2nd Fall 2010 Endorsement Meeting to:
Thursday, September 30th, 7:00 PM to 9:30 PM
The tentative schedule will be:
Oakland Mayor: 10 Candidates (7 Democrats), 7:00 to 7:50
City Auditor: 2 Candidates, 7:50 to 8:00
Oakland City Council District 4: 7 Candidates, 8:00 to 8:35
Oakland School Board District 4: 2 Candidates (1 Democrat), 8:35 to 8:45
Peralta College District 3: 2 Candidates, 8:45 to 8:55
Peralta College District 5: 2 Candidates (1 Democrat), 8:55 to 9:05
Club Discussion of Candidates
- This time, we will supply pizza!
Dimond Library Directions:
By car, 580 east to the Fruitvale Avenue exit. Turn left onto Fruitvale Avenue. 580 West to Coolidge Avenue/Fruitvale Avenue exit, merge onto Montana Street and turn right at Fruitvale Avenue.
By AC Transit, take 53, 57, or NL to Fruitvale Avenue and MacArthur Boulevard.
By BART, exit at the Fruitvale Station. AC Line 53 up Fruitvale to MacArthur. Walk east (towards the hills) one block. The library is on the left across from Safeway.