THE PRESS’ VIEW OF CRIME IN OAKLAND:
HOW IS THE PRESS REPORTING ON CRIME IN OAKLAND AND HOW WELL IS IT DOING IT?
Thursday, January 10, 2013 8 PM
Stern Hall, Temple Sinai, 2823 Webster Street, Oakland
The MGO Democratic Club is proud to announce a panel presentation featuringChip Johnson from the San Francisco Chronicle, Tammerlin Drummond from the Oakland Tribune and Bob Gammon from The East Bay Express. They will present some of the press’ views on the critical issue of crime in Oakland and also offer comments on the way the press covers these stories.
This is the first in a monthly series on Perspectives on Crime in Oakland presented by the Metropolitan–Greater Oakland Democratic Club. Future programs include:
- Interagency Cooperation and Coordination between City and County Criminal Justice Agencies: Is It Working?
- Can New York City’s Crime-Fighting Techniques Work in Oakland?
- Oakland Police Department and the Compliance Directorship: What Will the Compliance Director Do to OPD?
- Operation Ceasefire: What Will It Take to Make It Work?
- Measure Y: Should It Be Renewed?
- Realignment: What Is California’s New County Jail Realignment Doing to Alameda County?
Attendance at an MGO Democratic club meeting is free and members of the public are welcome.