Hope to see you all there!
MGO DEMOCRATIC CLUB
CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
RELATED TO DRUG OFFENDERS
a panel featuring
Alameda County Deputy District Attorney Matt Gaidos
Criminal Attorney Ted Stalcup
(who has extensive experience with drug treatment; his father got drug courts started in Contra Costa County)
Thursday May 19th
3565 Fruitvale Avenue
PLEASE JOIN US
Metropolitan Greater Oakland Democratic Club
And the Wellstone Democratic Renewal Club
Invite you to a presentation on
THE GOVERNOR’S PROPOSED TAX EXTENSIONS AND PROGRESSIVE TAX REFORM: A PRIMER
BY CA TAX REFORM ASSOCIATION
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR LENNY GOLDBERG.
Greenberg has been involved with major tax legislation in CA for 20 years and has directed and worked on a number of statewide tax initiative campaigns. He was a member of the CA Commission on Tax Policy in the New Economy and is a leading advocate for reform of Prop 13.
APRIL 21, 2011, 7:30 P.M.,
3565 Fruitvale Avenue,
Oakland, CA 94619.
- a fresh look at Oakland;
- a balanced budget with social responsibility and fiscal responsibility;
- education and youth;
- and public safety
When the rest of the country was turning red, we bucked the national trend and kept California a beautiful shade of blue.
After winning 9 of 9 statewide races, it’s only fitting that we celebrate our victories and hold our next state convention right here in Sacramento.
Friday – Sunday, April 29 – May 1, 2011
Sacramento Convention Center
This is where you will be able to find all the information you will need in order to register, take care of travel arrangements and get a glimpse of
what to expect at this year’s convention.
For full info, go to: http://www.cademconvention.com/
- What these districts are and how they function;
- What benefits do they provide for cities like Oakland?
- What are the disadvantages of these districts?
- What choices do we have in CA to save money but still provide benefits to cities?
From Joe Trapp, Club President:
First, I want to thank all of those who attended and voted, and all of the candidates who came to speak.
Five members of our Executive Board met tonight and counted all of the ballots, following our ranked choice voting procedures.
By the Club’s Bylaws, we do not release the actual vote tallies.
Here are the results for September 30th, 2010:
- Oakland Mayor – No candidate received 60% of the votes, therefore no candidate receives the Club endorsement.
- Oakland City Auditor – The Club endorses Courtney Ruby.
- Oakland City Council, District 4 – No candidate received 60% of the votes, therefore no candidate receives the Club endorsement.
- Oakland Unified School District District 4 – The Club endorses Gary Yee.
- Peralta Community College District Trustee District 3 – No candidate received 60% of the votes, therefore no candidate receives the Club endorsement.
- Peralta Community College District Trustee District 5 – The Club endorses Willam Riley.